Monday 22 January 2018

Day tripping to Dublin.



During my brief trip back home this Christmas, my parents and I made yet another of our random day trips to Dublin. It'd be rude not to really, with it being so cheap and a 35 minute flight time, plus it also gave me a chance to see my cousin Charlotte when I wouldn't have otherwise. 
There's something a little wrong about her studying in Liverpool now, hailing from Essex, yet I had to go to Ireland in order to see her.
Two standout places were Bewley’s and Temple Bar, Dublin landmarks in their own right. Charlotte and I treated ourselves to afternoon tea with PROPER scones at Bewley’s, sadly the first and only of scone of my trip. 

We timed it perfectly before the rush and managed to get ourselves seated in a quiet little area upstairs, away from the hustle and bustle, allowing us to fully relax and enjoy each other’s company. My favourite part of Bewley’s without a doubt has to be the décor, and it’s worth a visit even just to go inside to see the beautiful combination of mahogany and stained glass.
 

 


After making Charlotte take the obligatory tourist photo with Molly Mallone, we headed to Temple Bar. Charlotte fell in love with the place and we could have stayed there for hours basking in the live music, obviously accompanied by another Guinness. 

We had a lovely day together, albeit very fleeting, and I introduced to her some of the sights as best I could in the time frame. Next time I go, I hope it can be for a full blown boozy weekend and treat myself to a few more pints of the black stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment