Friday 7 November 2014

Hallo-weekend

I knew the Americans took Halloween seriously, but I didn't realize how serious it was. This wasn't the time for a make-do costume from Poundland like this year, this had to take some serious dedication. However, due to our wonderful lack of planning ability, the day before Halloween we headed to the thrift store, still with no idea what our costumes would be. First stop though, a trip to Whole Foods, and oh my god I think I died and went to heaven! The craving for English foods has been very prominent lately, and the fact this place had "proper food" almost made it better. The fact that it sold baklava did.

Off we went to the thrift store, and I ended up leaving as a Greek goddess (props to Leif for finding that gem of a costume, which was a joke initially) and Caragh finally got her Woody from Toy Story outfit sorted. I completed the look on Halloween by writing "Andy" on the sole of her shoe in nail varnish for added effect. I was on point with outfit design since I helped Liv figure out an outfit from her wardrobe in 10 minutes too. I'm not quite sure where this artistic flair has come from, but it won't last long. Must be all the crafting that goes on in Chi O.
And so the shenanigans began, but I have to say, after all of the hype Halloween turned out to be a bit crap. I was definitely wishing I could have been at the SU even though we went to a frat party. That's one of the many things I miss about Keele, you don't have to constantly plan what parties are happening or where. Spontaneous nights out are usually the best anyway, and I know being away from the SU has really made me appreciate it's snakebite covered floors even more.

On the Saturday we booked tickets to go and see Cherub at the Aggies Theatre downtown. An hour to get ready called for the revival of the zebra costumes from the Chi O social, this time with slightly zombie looking makeup courtesy of Leif. Leif, Caragh, Ben, Jack and I went, not forgetting the one lone American, Whitney, who could handle another night out unlike the rest. It was such an enjoyable night, topped off by a late night visit to Alleycat for grilled cheese and a soy chai. Always a winning combination.

A quick update this time, but that's due to a crazy workload this week in trying to complete all of my assignments before my parents arrive. Especially since my next post involves a lot of drama to say the least, I'll leave that for another night.

No comments:

Post a Comment