Monday 24 August 2015

6 airports in 5 days

Yes you read that right. As you can see, I had a mildly crazy week after the exchange programme finished! I made a pretty spontaneous decision to go back to Seoul for a few days, because hey, why not.
I'm so glad I got to go back to Seoul again, because it really is a wonderful city. I spent time with one of my friends and although I was only there a few days, if that, I managed to explore more places. I even got to go to Lotte World, a famous indoor/outdoor amusement park that is huge. I saw some interesting sights there, namely girls wearing plush toy tails, and couples walking matching animal ears. Not to mention, I made sure to get my fill of banana milk and Korean BBQ while I was there.

After leaving Korea and making a brief stop in Tokyo to see Haruka one last time, I headed to Australia!

I only had one day in Adelaide with Eleni until we flew to meet Chrissie in Melbourne for a girly weekend. It was sooooo good to have a reunion again, almost 8 months later, and it honestly felt like we hadn't spent any time apart. True to fashion, Chrissie had wine awaiting us upon our arrival at the hotel.
Melbourne is a such a cool city to walk around, and it kind of reminded me of a larger Lark Lane back home. Saturday was spent walking along the Yarra river and heading to Chinatown for dumplings. That night we had our official reunion in a place called the Croft Institute, a medical themed bar that gives you a syringe with your drinks. Even the girls bathroom had a hospital bed in, but that was the point in which the place got borderline creepy.

Although the weather wasn't the best, on Sunday we headed to St Kilda beach to see the markets. Officially my first Australian beach experience (well, that I remember)! It got pretty awful and stormy in the afternoon, so we packed up and headed home, not before getting a super yummy Thai curry to ease our still present hangovers. 
All in all, it was a super fun weekend in Melbourne, but also bittersweet since it will be the last time all three of us are together for a long while. Next year when Chrissie and Leni both come to England can't come quick enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment