Monday 29 May 2017

Tokyo Disneyland: A double date!


A little while ago, Sheridan and I decided to bully our other halves into going on a double date to Tokyo Disneyland this month. She’s a resident pro, having been about 8 times, and I was more than willing since it’s been a long time since I’ve been to Disney in Florida. 

Tokyo Disneyland is very different from other Disney parks, as visitors really get involved and often wear themed outfits, couple t-shirts, and go all out when buying merchandise. Obviously I took this as an invitation to embrace my love of fancy dress again; since there is a Monsters Inc. ride there, I couldn’t resist dressing up as Boo, and letting Kohei be more subtle with a Sulley shirt and token Toy Story Vans. In preparation, I even got the best Winnie the Pooh nails a girl could wish for.

That definitely made the whole experience so much better, and I honestly think it had a better atmosphere than any other Disney park I’ve ever been too. I almost cried when I saw a little baby dressed as Sulley, but thought it was best not to steal a sleeping baby just for a photo, no matter how cute it would have been.
The first ride we went on was the teacups… never again. I think we collectively thought we were all going to vomit afterwards, and the video we now have of Sheridan screaming her lungs out is pure gold.

I was so hyped for two rides I’d heard so much about: Pooh’s Hunny Hunt and Monster’s Inc. Ride and Go Seek. Obviously I’d taken my Pooh Bear to Disney with me, so having that be his first ever theme park ride was quite apt. He sat inside the honey pot with me as we went on a little adventure around the Hundred Acre Wood and got to meet some Heffalumps. 
I did have a mild heart attack though when posing for a photo op, he almost ended up in a lake, but hey he must have been too excited to contain himself. Monsters Inc. was super fun too, although I’m very disappointed you couldn’t score points, because I know for a fact I won.

Sheridan managed to grab us the best spot to watch the electrical light parade in the evening, where all of the characters outfits and floats are covered in hundreds of lights. I’ve never seen anything like that, and it definitely had the Disney Magic.

Tokyo Disneyland is known for its weird and wonderful food, like Mickey Mouse shaped churros, Mike Wasowski melon bread, along with many random flavours of popcorn. So many of the foods are themed, and you can even get burgers and chicken nuggests shaped to be Mickey's head. I was so disappointed because I've been wanting to try the infamous Little Green Alien mochi ice cream dumplings from Pizza Planet, but sadly that was closed. Looks like I'll have to grab some next time when we plan to head to Tokyo Disney Sea in July

1 comment:

  1. Tokyo Disney Sea?
    Oh and i neeed to see the video of Sheridan!!

    ReplyDelete