Saturday 23 August 2014

Final weekend before classes.

Friday was my first time visiting my department, which is slightly different to how it is at Keele. I'm in the College of Liberal Arts and I technically class as someone taking a Sociology major with a Criminal Justice concentration. Super confusing when it came to me finding where to go because nobody else seemed to know either! The professors I met seem really nice and I can't wait for classes to start :D

The Keelites went to Friday Afternoon Club for a pot-luck BBQ, which is where everyone with international links from Fort Collins and CSU meet up. Then we headed back to Leif's room, since we'd been invited to a birthday party of some girl we'd met earlier in the week... being British has it's good points!
At one point Caragh and I had an entire group speaking in posh accents and using scouse slang during a game,and we also discovered the guy we beat at beer pong a few days earlier was the Student Body Vice President. Two parties later, with many new Facebook friends, we made it back after discovering the grimmest of the cheap American beers, vodka and tequila.
Needless to say, we weren't really feeling the most spirit filled the next morning, but I pushed through and made sure I was in the traditional Class of 2018 picture. You can't see me in the slightest, but I'm somewhere to the top right of the S.
There was a pep rally in the evening, and our RA, Evan, organised all sorts of body painting and stuff beforehand. I felt like an idiot, but go hard or go home right?! I got into it pretty quickly and now I'm even more excited to see the Rocky Mountain Showdown this Friday :D

On Sunday morning there was a trip organised to hike Horsetooth Mountain, which is about 15 minutes drive away from campus. Not going to lie, it killed me, but definitely worth it for the view of Horsetooth Reservoir and Fort Collins! It was nice getting to bond with the guys from Keele even more too, especially since it'll be nice to laugh over these memories when we get back home and not annoy other people with them!

3 comments:

  1. Hah drunken student life continues!
    Ps am I the only one,commenting?
    K
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on beer pong Queen! Keep it up. LUV;~}...X

    P.S. Yes you are. WOZ;~}...

    ReplyDelete