Thursday 21 August 2014

Ram Welcome begins!

So today my roommate Olivia moved in!! I helped her move in and her family took me to lunch at this place called Austin's in Downtown Fort Collins. Totally yummy.
We headed back and chilled out before our RA floor meeting, where we got to meet everyone living here. Turns out I'm the only foreign person on the entire floor, talk about a novelty! I've found a few people I can watch the footy with, and I've been told my "accent is so cute" by almost every girl I've spoken to so far.
I also managed to finish decorating my side of the room so it looks lived in. Olivia and I somehow managed to colour coordinate pretty well, and I really love the whole set up of our room. We both have our beds lofted high so we have nice places to chill out, and they're far enough away were we don't feel up in each others space.

Later on we went to Moby Arena where the entire freshman class of 2018 filled the place. It was scary seeing so many people and knowing that wasn't near the number of people who go here. This was a "GREEN OUT" event, so we were all wearing our t-shirts we got at orientation. School spirit was high and it was cringe-
worthy at first, but it was pretty cool getting to watch the cheerleaders and marching band do their thing.
Then there was a carnival and picnic on the intramural sports fields, but the heavens opened so we got to eat in the rain and watch the lightening in the distance. Thankfully it cleared it up and Olivia and I went to visit some of her high school friends. I got a picture with Cam the Ram too!!! We walked so much again today but it was a fun experience, and I love having someone else in my room with me now :)



2 comments:

  1. Sounds good babe, is your roomy a good egg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah we've been having a ball!!

    ReplyDelete