Wednesday 20 August 2014

Orientation: Day 1

Today was officially my first day as a student at CSU :D It was scattered with numerous presentations about the usual starting uni stuff, but also a lot of crazy cool things too!
During our official welcome, we had to learn the "CSU Fight Song". We've been told we'll have to learn it before the football game, but fist pumping and shouting was so awkward since we definitely don't have the team spirit yet. I'm sure that'll soon change though, plus we got our Forever Green shirt which has the lyrics on the back, no excuses now!

I also went on a little wander around campus during a quick break in the schedule. The campus is on such a bigger scale than Keele, so here's just one picture I took of the Student Recreation Centre. Nice picture, but I didn't realize at the time I was on a designated bike path and was risking death while doing so. I'll have to take a picture of the bike signs on the floor too, they have rams riding the bike :)

For dinner, we got  invited back to a host family who had prepared to take me & nine other students back to their home. The others were from Australia, India, Japan, China and Vietnam so we had a lot of fun. Mijka, the wife who was from Slovakia, made us a huge feast and afterwards we played games like Twister with her three children, as two of the internationals had never seen it before!

After I got back to my dorm, I spotted my first signs of civilisation and made my move. Turns out I met two RA's, with one, Evan, being the RA for  my floor. We ended up speaking for hours and here I am, planning to have gone to bed much earlier but making the most of meeting as many people as I can. It's nice knowing I'm not alone on my floor tonight too :)
On that note I'm off to bed, I have another jam-packed day tomorrow! However, it wasn't all smooth sailing. Thank god I got in the lift with Carl (the RA from 7th who I met yesterday), the lift doors jammed and we were stuck for 10 minutes before we got out. Next time, I'll take the stairs.



No comments:

Post a Comment