Tuesday 19 August 2014

All moved in.

So today was the day! I'm currently very knackered but wanted to write something before the craziness of orientation, which begins tomorrow, and the rest of Ram Welcome is upon me.
The process was actually pretty simple, besides my delayed flight causing me to hang around for the next shuttle bus. It took just over an hour to get to Fort Collins, a pleasant journey to say the least watching the Rockies come into view.

My mentor, Adrianne, was waiting for me when I arrived with a super cute "welcome to Colorado" sign. She took me to my residence hall, Durward, where I got my keys and got shown to my room by Carl, the rather cute RA on the 7th floor. I have to say I was shocked by what my room is like, and the entire floor. You'd never need a key card to enter a bathroom at Keele, too much drunken vomiting! More pictures will follow once my room doesn't look like a bombsite.

We then made a trip to Target, where I stocked up on all dorm essentials like bedding, towels and of course, some Goldfish to snack on. However my favourite purchase is probably my Hello Kitty bowl, cup and plate set that cost me $2, win win right there. I GOT A BEAN BAG TOO, not that that's a big deal to a 19 year old.
Afterwards we went to a welcome for all the international students and got to mingle before we went back to my dorm. Adrianne was definitely a life saver today, I don't know how I would have settled in so easily if it hadn't been for her, and bonus is we get on really well too!

I'm currently sat in a 12 floor building and so far have seen 3 other people, which is a little weird. I did some investigating earlier but unlit corridors are a no go in strange places. I can hear movement outside, so I'm hoping that's sign of more life and not the fact this place is haunted. And on that note, with a banging headache I can only blame on the altitude adjustments, goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment