Sunday 3 August 2014

The farewells begin.

The inevitable task of saying goodbye to my friends and family is finally upon me. Last week, Laura and I (a fellow Scouse Keelite who'll be going to Texas) had a joint get together with our closest friends. Needless to say, our last night of legal drinking for some time ended in a very messy way, for me at least. Having to say goodbye to all these people in my life, even just for a few months, has really made me reflect on how amazing my first year at uni has been. So on that note, the soppy and most likely cringe-worthy post begins...


The goodbyes actually began back in June, when I knew realised I'd be apart from my closest friend, Haruka, for 8 months. We'd been preparing ourselves for the separation for some time, but nothing prepared me for how I felt sat in her empty room while everyone said "see you next semester". Yes there were tears, and I did feel very pathetic afterwards, but that's understandable since we really are like a married couple, nightly snuggles included.
I've never known anyone I have as much fun with and have so many memories dating back to the first hours of freshers. She's been there for me through everything, not least helping me fix my bad English attempts at pronouncing Japanese words for my exams.
The next person to leave was my other "Asian Scouser" Janee (with two e's, don't ask). Even though it wasn't as emotional this time, it was weird knowing I'd be going for just the same amount of time without her wonderful logic, the type that makes you wonder how she even survives on a day to day basis.
Thanks to these two, I've had some of the funniest nights at the SU. Their amazing inability to hold alcohol still baffles me, and thanks to me dragging them to k-pop night, I've somehow ended up becoming the secretary for the Keele Korean International Society next year!

The next goodbyes were with the rest of my "Block E family". Even though we've been through a lot of drama, we've stuck together, and I couldn't have wished for a better group of people to live with.
I've met loads of other amazing people this year, too many to name, but I'm really happy I've had the chance to share a lot of memories with them!
There's also a lot more drunken, stupid, crazy pictures I could include, but I think I'll leave it at that. All I can hope is that I make friends in Colorado who are half as amazing as the friends I made in my first year of Keele.

No comments:

Post a Comment